Quirky Boots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ShoutBox

May Sponsor
Guest Designer

Craft Tutorial

Altered Pen Pot

Flower Ribbon

Cuttlebug Review by Deanne

You are not connected. Please login or register

Got the lurgy

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Got the lurgy Empty Got the lurgy Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:27 am

cazzy

cazzy

I knew I was getting it on Friday afternoon, couldn't get out of bed Saturday and had such a painful throat. Sunday did get up and shower, and stayed up so thought would be well enough to go to work Monday, but no, Monday seemed to have a relapse and spent all day nearly in bed sleeping, but it could also be because I ran out of my tablets, and had problems getting more. They have turned up now but I was without for effectively 5 days.

So today I am up and showered, must have frightened the Fed Ex man yesterday as I looked a right fright when I answered the door.

Feeling weak but hoping I will be at work tomorrow, in the meantime I have bought the TSV from QVC and grungepaper and I have finally ordered my mini photo studio with the vouchers which by now were £50 so only had to pay £49. This would not have been the case as I bought a lens hood but ordered the wrong size so it had to go back so I was in credit and the right lens hood is twice the price so I haven't yet ordered it.

I also need photo software, trying to decide which is best, I have downloaded trials for Photoshop elements, and Coral X3 or X4 or equivalent the latter is taking over my PC and also the functions don't seem to work unless I have got it wrong, maybe they are restricted until you buy a licence but it didn't tell me that. I was trying to straighten a photo, drew the line in the right place and then double clicked, nothing. The accept button seemed to be greyed out too so I cannot tell how good it is. Photoshop seems harder to do but at least the trial version works.

I am still getting through the tissues, probably infectious so best not to go to work!

http://cazzytime.blogspot.com

2Got the lurgy Empty Re: Got the lurgy Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:33 am

Fe-Fe

Fe-Fe

Sorry to hear you're unwell Carol. My hubby has it too. I'm trying to keep my distance so I don't catch it and I've been sleeping on the sofa since I got back from my Mum's on Saturday. He can keep his bugs to himself! lol

Hope you manage to get to grips with your photo studio and photo software. I'm sure once you get used to it you'll be producing pro photos of your creations in no time! Got the lurgy Icon_biggrin

http://fe-fesworld.blogspot.com/

3Got the lurgy Empty Re: Got the lurgy Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:40 am

cazzy

cazzy

Well the Photoshop elements trial ran out, and the Corel one doesn't seem to work fully so it is difficult to tell really. I already use Serif but that always frustrates me in some way, though I am used to using it.
My photo mag that I subscribe to seems to favour Photoshop or elements and maybe I should watch the CD tutorials to convince me.
So it is a decision between upgrading to the latest Serif or go for one of the others which both get better reviews depending which site you look on!

Hubby hasn't gone down with the lurgy yet, I was shut in a room with auditors a week ago and one of them was clearly not well, coughing and snuffling, but so many people have had one thing or the other it was inevitable really.

4Got the lurgy Empty Re: Got the lurgy Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:07 pm

debbee

debbee

Aww poor your Cazzy do hope you are feeling better now. I have had some sort of lurgy twice now and have ended up with bad sinus infection.
Roll on summer sunshine to kill all those bugs. Smile
Good luck with your software - I love my Corel, I have paint, draw, rave etc - all in the one package.
I have photo elements but havent spent time to learn how to use it.

http://bubble-deb.blogspot.com

5Got the lurgy Empty Re: Got the lurgy Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:52 pm

wulfcwen

wulfcwen

Take care Cazzy and don't try and get back to doing things too quickly it can take a while to get over it. Hope you wil soon be feeling brighter.

6Got the lurgy Empty Re: Got the lurgy Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:57 am

Caro

Caro

Sorry to hear that you have been so ill. I have tried Corel and found that it was a monster that took over my machine, although was great for different paint effects etc on my photos. However, I use Photoshop elements most and love it, although it took a while to get to grips with. Good Luck with deciding.
Caro
x

7Got the lurgy Empty Re: Got the lurgy Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:43 pm

cazzy

cazzy

I found the trial took over my machine, I don't like that so I might uninstall it and go for Photoshop - then Serif offered me their's at a really good deal price, but I know I will always wonder if Photoshop would have been better.............

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum