Quirky Boots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ShoutBox

May Sponsor
Guest Designer

Craft Tutorial

Altered Pen Pot

Flower Ribbon

Cuttlebug Review by Deanne

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Design Team - Part One

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Design Team - Part One Empty The Design Team - Part One Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Quirky Boots

Quirky Boots
Admin

A brief look at our wonderful design team who bring you inspiration each fortnight The Design Team - Part One Icon_smile For starters ...

Fe-Fe - Fiona
The Design Team - Part One 5-11

Hi! I’m Fiona and I’ve been married to my husband Patrick (aka Peej) for nearly eight years. I have a son Josh who is 11 and mildly autistic and we have a daughter Ellie who is 6 and isn’t and of course there’s little Max our Cockerpoo (Cocker Spaniel/Poodle cross) who will be two in February.

My main craft hobby is card making and I think stamping is definitely my favourite technique. I love colouring in the images with my Twinkling H2Os and I feel like I’ve cheated if I make a card that doesn’t have a stamped image on it! J

I think I love doing altered art more than I like card making but I don’t do it as often. I think what I love about it is that you can take something quite plain and boring and make it into an object of art and something that people want to look at, whether it’s an old shoe box, an After Eight Mint box or something made for altering like a Maya Road lunch Pail. I get a real sense of achievement when I stand back at the end and see the difference I’ve made to it.

Read Fe's blog here

Julia - Julia The Design Team - Part One Icon_smile
The Design Team - Part One MeatBurford
My name is Julia. I am retired and live with my Hubby Andy and our little Jack Russell terrier Basil in West Wales.
I have been crafting for as long as I can remember. Knitting, dressmaking, cross stitch, jewellery making to name but a few.
I started card making after watching demos on the shopping channels and then got into Scrapbooking in 2005.
Strange thought it may seem I really find it hard to make cards now. I love working with paper and glue and I find it very therapeutic.
I am very lucky that being retired I can craft as and when I want, so really as the mood takes me. I am trying to stretch myself a little more these days by making mini books etc I don't want to get bored now do I.....
Read Julia's blog here

Chocolate Fudge Cake - Anne
The Design Team - Part One 16-75
I'm 37 and have 3 dogs, 2 cats and a husband (no time for
kids too). I am the long suffering but loving wife of Phil, a dairy herd manager
who works silly hours, weekends and Christmas!! I, myself work as an Office Manager of the
England Office of a construction company, it has been a really tough year but
things are now picking up again – although it can be manic at times we have a
good team, a good boss and I love the job.

If I get dinner and the chores done I may get an hour or so
in the evening to craft before bedtime.
However I find that I’ve often ‘wasted’ more than half that time on the
internet, either on here, general internet and craft site trawling or more
recently blog-hopping – what a way to waste an hour or so without noticing the
time!!! I have recently joined the blog world
with Chocolate Fudge Cake’s Crafty Adventures – mainly as a way of easily
joining in other blog challenges (and because I love the backgrounds) but it is
fast becoming addictive.

I mainly make cards and cross stitch but through the forum I
have started a little altered art as well which I really enjoy. My favourite technique is rubber stamping by a
long long way, I love the versatility of it and trying out new ways to use
stamps – it can be so easy to use a stamp in the same way and style everytime
you use it. I really enjoy stamping
techniques that ‘do things’ such as heat embossing, shrink plastic and paper
piecing. My favourite ranges of stamps
would have to be Crafty Individuals and Elusive Images although the set I use
most of all would be my Autumn Leaves swirls by Rhonna Farrer. I could go on listing stamps that I love
because there are so many!

Earlier this year as many will know I bought a Sizzix Big
Shot which I adore. I love the embossing
and nestabilities best although I have some great swirl dies too.

I am lucky enough to have a whole room to craft in and take
over, Phil is really supportive of my hobby (thankfully) and two great friends
to who are also into crafts Pippa (Pipster) and Ellie (Pinkfluff), the only
thing I lack is enough time – but then we can’t have it all.
Read Anne's blog here

Thank you girls for taking the time to do this for us, Back with more soon The Design Team - Part One Icon_smile x

http://deezkatz.blogspot.com

2The Design Team - Part One Empty Re: The Design Team - Part One Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:38 pm

debbee

debbee

What lovely features ladies - thank you all. Smile Great to hear all about you. Wink Smile

http://bubble-deb.blogspot.com

3The Design Team - Part One Empty Re: The Design Team - Part One Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:53 pm

debbee

debbee

Hi Deanne just emailed you mine. Smile Smile Thanks for asking me. Smile

http://bubble-deb.blogspot.com

4The Design Team - Part One Empty Re: The Design Team - Part One Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:21 am

Caro

Caro

Thanks for sharing about yourselves ladies. It is always nice to hear who everyone is,

Caro
x

5The Design Team - Part One Empty Re: The Design Team - Part One Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:04 am

Weasel

Weasel

how lovely to hear all about you ladies. Thanks for sharing with us I love you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum